MedGlobal is a global and health humanitarian organization that builds resilience in fragile states and vulnerable communities through emergency response, health services delivery, and sustainable programming.
MedGlobal’s vision is to create a world without disparities in health.
MedGlobal is looking for a Director of Health and Emergency Programs. The successful candidate will support the Executive Director in building programs globally in line with MedGlobal strategy, ensuring the program management process is implemented efficiently in compliance with MedGlobal’s and donor’s processes and procedures, and working to achieve high levels of accountability. In a Director-level position, the candidate will also be responsible for helping determine the programmatic strategy and relevant policies and procedures for the organization.
Context Analysis & Strategy
- Shape programmatic strategy based on the context and needs of MedGlobal’s various field offices. Link strategy to Humanitarian Response Plans, cluster priorities, and current budget and financial projections.
- Provide strategic direction to the ongoing growth of program effort through continuous rapid needs assessments and prioritization of interventions based on need, MedGlobal capacity and strategy, and available resources.
- Contribute to Senior Management Team meetings and decision-making.
- Contribute to regional and global knowledge and learning.
- Identify additional opportunities for partnership with donors, INGOs, local organizations, government agencies, and communities.
Project Implementation Follow-Up
- Ensure the organization of project kick-off meetings.
- Ensure effective use, updating, and analysis of key program management tools.
- Oversee implementation ensuring technical requirements and quality standards are respected.
- Ensure output achievement and contractual obligations are met, and project-related documents are prepared and filed.
- Support in trouble shooting and anticipating project risks.
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation systems are implemented as dictated by the Monitoring & Evaluation department.
- Ensure lessons learned are integrated into decision-making and strategic direction.
- Ensure activities are technically supported including technical project tools and guidelines are designed, developed, and shared.
Administrative Management of Project Implementation
- Review implementation against expenditure, work plan and data monthly; propose solutions to under / overspending.
- Through Country Representatives, support carrying out and completion of procurements related to program implementation, office needs, and field logistics (including transportation, warehousing, asset management).
- Contribute to the development of procurement planning and encourage adherence of procurement policies.
- Participate in the recruitment of personnel and structure of organizational charts.
- Ensure compliance with all host government requirements.
- Ensure accountability to affected populations through the inclusion of local community members and representatives at all stages of the project cycle.
- Ensure programmes and staff are adhering to organizational security plans and procedures.
- Monitor security context and provide input on security plans to the Security team.
Volunteer & Missions Coordination
- Through the Volunteer Coordinator, ensure proper preparation, support, management and debrief processes are in place and carried out for deployments of volunteers.
- Through the Volunteer Coordinator, contribute to strategy around volunteer engagement and mission coordination.
Management and Internal Coordination
- Maintain Programs Department policies and develop new policies as necessary.
- Identify gaps in Programs department procedures. Create and disseminate appropriate tools and processes.
- Organize timely progress review meetings with staff.
- Supervise and support performance development of staff under supervision.
- Create a cohesive and respectful working environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing humanitarian programs, working in complex environments with minimum 2 years’ experience in a senior management position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of humanitarian principles and best practices.
- Experience networking and building partnerships with key donors and stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and motivate others.
- Ability to analyze budgets and financial reports.
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as part of a lean team in a relatively new organization.
- Remains calm under pressure including tight deadlines.
- Extremely organized and able to manage competing priorities.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal), and proficiency in Arabic and/or Spanish is beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills, especially written.
- Experience managing and developing health or health-related programs.
- Medical/Clinical skills and experience, including familiarity and comfort with healthcare publications and statistics, is beneficial.
- Skills and knowledge in program sustainability & capacity building, public-private sector partnerships, and M&E.
Unwavering moral compass aligned with humanitarian principles. Upholds the highest standards of workplace conduct for self and others. Develops trust through credible, reliable, and consistent behavior.
How to apply
Please send your CVs to [email protected] mentioning the role of Director of Health and Emergency Programs in the Subject Line
Only English CVs will be considered